It’s’ a new year, hooray. Things I’m looking forward to in 2012:
- Another series of Sherlock – After watching the last series, I reread the books and had so much fun I forgot to think about Benedict Cumberbatch (he doesn’t match my mental picture of Holmes anyway). Conan Doyle’s writing feels surprising modern in tone and the pace is nice and snappy (apart from the Utah bit in A study in Scarlet – which was not snappy. At all). I was going to add reading ‘Sir Nigel’ and ‘The White Company’ as another bullet point, but realised I can’t find my copies of them any more. Bother.
- The possibility of Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah-Fowler getting together – okay, a this is a little creepy to contemplate, but I want to know how they handle it.
- Putting on a few pounds (If you can’t beat ’em, join ’em. They have chocolate.)
- The Kindle Fire coming to the UK. If I’m going to succumb to techno-geekery, I want one that does EVERYTHING.
- Patently In Love coming out in March (obviously)
- And… The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists! – the movie. I read the book and loved it. There’s pirates, scientists, Dodos, Bobo the ManPanzee and ham. I’m more excited about this than a grown woman should be.
Happy New Year everyone!
2 thoughts on “In 2012, I will mainly be looking forward to…”
Hoping to catch a few moments to see the first Sherlock tonight on iPlayer. Ridiculously excited. And agree entirely about the Utah bit. I had to check I was on the same story..
Happy New Year, btw!
Sherlock was brilliant! (Although a bit racy for pre-watershed TV, I thought). Clever IS the new sexy.
Happy New Year to you too!